Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Slowing down.

Lately, it feels like my income has slowed down a lot. Not that I've really made a huge pile of gold compared to other blog I've been reading, since I've pulled about 12k in 3 weeks, but it still feels like I'm earning less of it. I think I badly need something new to work with, as I'm just not getting the output from enchanting and tailoring that I want. Hopefully, my alchemist will help me solve the problem.

Speaking of which, my prediction that I'd hit 70 by the end of this week is WAY off. I'm currently 53, and my week is already looking too full to fit in alt leveling. I'm raiding mondays and thursdays, I'm watching the newest series tuesdays and fridays (House M.D. for the win!), and I get busy a lot during weekends. So that leaves about two days a week where I can effectively level my toon. It's going to take a bit longer, but it's getting done.

I've had a bit of luck while leveling that toon aswell. When questing in Cumswallow Marsh (a fine little nickname we've given Dustwallow Marsh around here), I stumbled upon Dart, which dropped the hatchling. It sold for 650g after 5 minutes on the AH. Also, while questing in Un'goro, I happened to cross paths with the Ravasaur Matriarch, which also drops a hatchling. It sold for the stunning sum of 1299g on the AH after about a day. So now I've already got some money for leveling alchemy. All I need now is getting to level 70.

4 comments:

  1. Ive encountered the same thing with my gold making slowing down. What are you making to De on your tailor i need to lookinto that. Also take a look at the netherweave bag market you could turn ok profit there regularly. The mobs you killed for the hatchlings are they rare spawns or what ? alchemy makes good gold most of my alchemist gold comes from making epic gems and selling them cut. I get that done for free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working the NW bag market heavily to earn gold, but lately I've been so heavily undercut that it's barely a gold profit per bag, which is not a lot.

    I've been making the cheap Duskweave items to disenchant so far, since FW cloth is dirt cheap on my server. It sucks that the thread is expensive, but I still earn from it.

    The mobs that drop the hatchlings are rare spawns indeed, but having an alt parked at one of the spawn locations and logging in every now and then is a good idea. I've done it with two of the rares so far, and I've found them up 4-5 times.

    As for the epic gem market, I hope my alchemist will make me some gold there. I can cut lots of the good epic gems on my paladin, all I need is uncut epic gems, which I hope to supply myself with in not too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The solution if your bank roll can handle it to pickup prices is to buy alll the netherweave cloth for a few days bolt it and wait. did this for a week when i came back i bags rose to 16g each. You have to raise the cost of mats for the other players in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, that's actually a good tip. I'll try this out, ain't got a lot to lose at this point. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete