Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Primal Mights

I'm still working on my mage and his alchemy, which is coming along great now. I hit 69 yesterday, and went to Netherstorm to grab the transmute quest. After seeing the mats requirement, I portaled to Orgrimmar to see what a Primal Might sold for. They sold for 140g on average.

At first this annoyed me to death. 140g for an old-world crafting material? Seemed I had to go grind the reagents myself. But then it hit me: I'm going to start selling these badboys myself, and see if I can make some money off of it. The results up until now haven't been that bad.

I managed to get myself a sweet deal on the Primals i needed, paying around 250g a stack per primal (12g50s per Primal needed), except for Primal Earth which was 60g. Total cost for that ended up on somewhere around 1000g. So after transmuting all 20 mights (I realized quickly right after doing this, that had I learned my transmute mastery first I could've had several more >_>) I went to put some on the AH. I put 4 up at 120g a piece, and they had all sold this morning. While it doesn't cover my Primal costs just yet, if it keeps selling like this it will cover all my alchemy expences quite fast. I will continue to put them up 4 at a time, undercutting by some gold, and post results sometime next week.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like a great idea, very similar to selling enchanting rods - while the demand is not all too high, people generally pay whatever you list them for as long as you don't get silly.

    Even better is the fact that these markets are often overlooked so you will not find much competition.

    Good luck selling the rest of the Mights :)

    ReplyDelete