Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 9: Risky move.

As I logged on to my crafty warlock yesterday, I just caught someone selling Titansteel Shield Walls in Trade Chat, for 400g a piece. After a quick scan of the auction house, I realized that this is just a bit under half of what they go for on the auction house. What did I do? I spent most of my "hard"-earned gold to buy a chunk of his stock, which would make about 6 Shield Walls.

I posted two of them for 700 gold (undercutting by 100 gold), just to see if they sell. I don't think they will though; chances are that someone will run into the same seller and do exactly the same as I did. Or maybe the ones actually looking for a Shield Wall will find the guy I bought them from and buy one there. It's a risky move, but he has to run out of Shield Walls and materials sooner or later. That's when I'll strike.

It's an investment for the future, this one, and I hope they'll sell well. Worst case, I'll have to do the same as he did, and sell them via trade for 400. Not the optimal result, but even money making has it's trials and errors.

Off topic: Friday's post might or might not make it. I'm going to the dentist *shrug* and have some wisdom teeth removed *double shrug*. Not really looking forward to it, mostly because I know it's gonna cost me about the same as the average car, but what won't one do to keep one's teeth healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment