Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 4: Abyssal Shatter.

Yesterday, I noticed the new Abyssal Shatter feature had been implemented for enchanters via a hotfix. I decided that this feature had to be tested, and went to disenchant 10 Abyss Crystals. The results were impressive.

From my ten shatters, I ended up with 60 Infinite Dust and 28 Greater Cosmic Essences. Fair enough, I was very lucky with my loot, and noticed some guildies ended up with far more tragic results from the same amount of shatters. Still, even concidering that an Abyss Crystal sold for about 49g when I checked AH this morning, the Greater Cosmic Essences alone were enough to cover the cost. So in theory, the Infinited Dust is pure profit. I put it all on the AH this morning, so I suspect I will have a lot of money incoming today.

So, for any enchanter out there, do try this feature out. Of course, you better check the prices of the various enchanting mats before you shatter your whole inventory of Abyss Crystals. Also, my guess is that this will drive Abyss Crystal prices up, and dust/essence prices down, since the market will be flooded for the next days/weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment