Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Off topic: Blog layout and improvements.

I just finished reading Sarainy's review of Bobreazes blog (great review by the way), and I realized that a few things mentioned actually apply very well to my own little blog. Especially the part about layout.

Let's face it; when I started this project, all I wanted was a place to post updates and share ideas with people. Looks and layout weren't really that important. So after messing around for about 5 minutes, I found a very generic theme that was easy on the eye, and went with it.

Now I'm asking you, readers (if there are any of you out there), to take an ubiased standpoint and tell me what you think. What should stay the same, what could be different, what would work better, and so forth. I'm not great at layout, nor do I know much about Blogger or any other blog engine. The only thing I really know is writing a bunch of TL;DR posts, because if there's one thing I'm good at, it's rambling on and on about stuff. See, this was supposed to be a short post, and already i'm writing a novel.

Anyway, if you have some suggestions, please do post. It would be nice to see what the readers think, and not let everything be about me and my little world.

3 comments:

  1. Go with what you like. Although think of functionality do you need folowers higher than your archive? I doubt it. I belive in having ease of acess to archives. Because im a heavy reader i like to be able to find this first and read blogs from beging to end. I personally cant stand white backgrounds. But the gray on the right bar seems like a great color. but thats just my 2 cents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, and thanks for the input. I've not actually concidered the problem with the followers/archive gadgets, will change that right now. As for the background, I've actually played with the idea to change the color. Will look more into that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to agree with Bobreaze, the sidebar looks much better now with the Followers at the bottom :)

    As I have a blog review in the works for your site (delayed unfortunately, as my latest blog post explains) it would be counterproductive to massively talk about your site right now!

    Yet I am a big fanboy of dark on light themes, and I really enjoy the simple elegance of your blogs theme.

    ReplyDelete