Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 7: Slow start.

So the first week is over already, and although I've made some gold, it's a lot less than I had first imagined. Aw well, I didn't exactly expect to earn the big bucks from just a couple of weeks of AH trading.

Anyway, the total sum of gold aquired in 1 week sits at about 3300g, give or take a few. This has mostly been made from enchanting materials and netherweave bags, and some daily quests I have to do (fishing, cooking). My enchant scrolls, which I at first thought would be my main source of income, turned out to have a lower payoff than I first expected, but I'm going to keep selling them anyway. Maybe the competition will give up eventually, I will just have to wait and see.

Hopefully, my income will be better next week. I like to believe that I've learned something from this week, which I can bring with me to future adventures.

4 comments:

  1. It can be slow starting but you've got the right idea. You'll do great. Just stick with it. Best of luck in both your blogging and gold grabbing experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your site via WoWenomics, who have just posted about you :)

    While you might not see your profits as that high, I found that my first real week of playing the AH actually was an amazing learning experience, despite the fairly poor profits!

    Have subscribed, looking forward to more updates soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a tailor, you might want to look at the new-ish starter PvP cloaks. Also, you haven't mentioned it, but I'm sure you're reselling your specialized/cooldown cloth, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, always nice to see that people acutally read my ramblings.

    Yeah, I haven't mentioned it, but I do make cloth on every cooldown and sell it for some profit. I might start stacking some of the cloth though, with the new tailoring patterns coming in 3.3.

    ReplyDelete