Thursday, October 29, 2009

Reaping the benefits of leveling

My mage hit 70 yesterday, so I can finally get back into gold making. But, like I mentioned earlier, spending time leveling a character isn't all that bad. Sure, the gold per hour is arguably not that great, but even so, you can make a lot of gold by doing what I did.

I logged on to my warlock yesterday, and collected all the greenies and the NW cloth I had sent from my mage while leveling. I then proceeded to make bolts from the cloth and disenchant all greenies. I ended up with 87 bolts of NW, 110 Arcane Dust and 17 Greater Planar Essences. Not too bad actually. After cleaning up my inventory a bit, I went to the auction house to post some of the enchanting mats. GPE's went for 30g per, and there were no single Arcane Dust at all, only stacks. So I put up all my 17 GPE's for 29g, and 40 Arcane Dust at 5g per. This morning, mere 12 hours later, everything had sold. And I still have a lot more dust to unload.

While I know that this is not a great way of making gold, I actually kind of prefer it this way. I get to level a character, which is something I really enjoy, and at the same time make a heap of gold off of the things I find. I haven't sold any NW bags yet though, as I'm planning to stock up on cloth before I do that. Also, the market makes very little sense at the moment, with NW cloth sitting at 11g a stack, while the bags are at 12g. Will have to wait and see if the bags will rise in price before I start selling mine.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch that's a bad margin on NW Bags. I buy NW for around 4g on my AH and sell bags for 7.5g. However I can't always get the NW for that, the norm seems to be 5g, but I stockpile when I find it cheap and slowly introduce the bags to the market. Not my main money make but its adds to the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the margin on NW bags is horrible. It used to be a lot better though, so I'm hoping for better times. It's not that I made heaps of gold off of them, but they made for a nice income on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh means someone in your market is buying all the cheap NW while there is a price war going on. Your better waiting a few days/weeks to let the markets reset.

    ReplyDelete