Friday, November 20, 2009

I'd rather be stocking.

The new trend on my realm now, is selling lots of Infinite Dust. This is nothing new for people who've been making gold since the dawn of time, but it seems with the recent guides on for example MMO-Champion, there are new people in the market that wants to try to reach the gold cap. The end result? They're all losing money.

Infinite Dust used to sell for 2.5g - 3g per single dust not too long ago. The new price? 1.5g - 1.8g. You can even buy stacks of 20 for under 1.5g per dust. This is so cheap, I'm barely making gold from the Saronite Shuffle. And that was hard enough already, with Saronite Ore prices recently rising, probably as a direct result of patch 3.3 and how close it is.

It's not all bad though. I'm now grabbing any stack I find where the price is under 1.5g per dust. Any dust I'm making myself, I keep. Trying to sell it now would be a bad idea. Why is this you ask?

Next patch, the cooldown of Transmute: Titanium is gone. Which means any alchemist can transmute Titanium Bars for the low price of 8 Saronite Bars per Titanium bar. This will cause a high demand for Saronite ore and bars, which will force the prices up on both on the AH. With this change in price, the Saronite shuffle is no longer profitable, which means people will stop doing it. And seeing as this probably is the main source for infinte dust, you will see less dust on the AH, and prices will rise on what dust is there.

For now I'll be stocking up both on Saronite Ore and Infinite Dust. I see no reason for selling this right now, when in just a couple of weeks, it'll probably be worth more than twice of what it is now.

1 comment:

  1. Abyssal Shatter

    Armed with this and grinding ToC endlessly, those are the enchanters that are making money on dust now.

    ReplyDelete