Friday, November 6, 2009

Getting somewhere with alchemy.

Not much has happened this week. I'm still playing Borderlands, and have found another great game called Torchlight, so my WoW time has been limited, and the two days I've played WoW I have spent raiding ToGC25.

Anyway, inbetween raiding and playing other games, I have been playing around with alchemy, and mainly with transmutes. So far, I've been transmuting Earthsiege Diamonds and Titanium bars, and both have been very profitable for me. Of course, that transmute mastery is profitable shouldn't be news to anyone, but I was a little surprised that I was able to pull quite a good profit from Earthsiege diamonds.

First, I transmute Earthsiege Diamons on my alchemist. I mostly get just one, but have been lucky a few times and got a x5 and a x2 proc. On average, I spent 30g on the mats (25g for Eternal Fire, and about 2.5g per Dark Jade and Huge Citrine). I then sent the Earthsiege Diamonds to my JC, who cut them into Relentless Earthsiege Diamonds. These sell for 45g on average on my realm. I've been putting them up in pairs, and I've had no trouble selling them at all.

The titanium bars sell even faster. 8 Saronite Bars cost me 16g (averaging on 2g per bar), and the Titanium Bars sell for 30g-35g. Also quite the easy profit. Been doing these transmutes daily now the last week, since titanium bars will be worth a lot less once the patch hits.

While this is not the most profitable transmutes out there, it's a fine start until you reach 450 alchemy and can start transmuting epic gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment