Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 1: Where to begin?

After my first day of working the auction house, I've gained..... absolutely nothing.
See, when I decided I wanted to start this "challenge" of mine, I also decided I was going to go at it with an empty wallet. So I sent my previously hard-earned gold to my bank character, and started out from scratch.

The first thing I did was scanning the auction house to see which enchants sold for a decent sum of gold, and how much work I had to put up with to be able to sell that enchant myself. My choices were Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Crusader and Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Agility. Neither of the enchants had hard-to-get materials, and both sell for well over a hundred gold on the auction house. I had my goal, I had to work towards it.

I spent about an hour in Silithus, grinding Dust Stormers, and ended up with 41 Essence of Air. Not too bad for only an hours work. After that, I spent about another hour in Stratholme, and got 5 Righteous Orbs and 14 Large Brilliant Shards. I also got like 10-15 stacks of runecloth, which sells great on AH. So, after two hours of work, I could make 3 enchants. Not what I'd hoped for, but it had to do. Made 1 Crusader scroll and 2 Agility scrolls, and had them up on the auction house. Neither sold by the time I logged off.

Normally, you'd be better off just browsing AH for great deals rather than spend your time like I did. You will most likely gain a lot more gold by buying low-selling high or bidding low-selling normal (whichever you prefer), and it's about one tenth of the work. I, however, had a very low gold supply to start with, and whatever gold I had went in runecloth deposits and repairs. With some luck though, my scrolls will be picked up by tomorrow, and I will at last have some gold to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment